We can be discouraged by political strife, economic uncertainty, and fear-inducing news.
Or we can think critically about our circumstances and plan a path forward that will make us stronger than ever.
That’s why, today, I released “ A Roadmap to Recovery for San Diego [[link removed]] ” that assesses the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on the City of San Diego, its residents, its businesses and its economy and offers a path to building a more resilient economy and a better city government.
This is the product of months of work by a diverse group of community and business leaders, designed to make clear what my priorities will be as Mayor – so you can hold me accountable for it!
Here are a few priorities included in the Roadmap:
* Citywide broadband Internet access to all families and small businesses
* Developing a regional strategy to allow for an effective remote workforce
* Ensuring equitable professional opportunities across racial, gender, and age groups starting at City Hall
* Reforming the Police Department through an independent police review commission, emphasis on community policing, and transferring non-crime functions to other city staff
* Addressing homelessness by treating its root causes, including providing mental health and substance abuse treatment, job training, and transitional housing
* Promoting housing supply and affordability through local planning, converting of surplus commercial space for residential use, and enforcing the existing Municipal Code against short-term-rentals
* Making cuts to the City’s expensive, bureaucratic, and unnecessary middle management
Please read it. Share it. And give me feedback.
Read the Roadmap [[link removed]]
Finally, the first major reporting deadline is just a few days away . We need to prove that San Diegans are ready for an independent-minded approach to solving problems.
Will you chip-in $25, $50, $100 or more right now to join the thousands of contributors and volunteers that are ready to stop playing politics … and start solving problems!?
Can You Contribute? [[link removed]]
I hope you join us,
Candidate for Mayor of San Diego
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Ad Paid for by Barbara Bry for San Diego Mayor 2020, ID #1414774
Barbara Bry for Mayor 2020
3295 Meade Ave Ste 212
San Diego, CA 92116