AB 659 Opposition Letters must be Uploaded
to the Legislative Portal
by Noon, Wednesday March 8, 2023
Bill Update: Thank you to all who donated over the weekend to send various educational materials to all CA legislators. We have raised $3,500 of our $5,000 goal. You can find more info on the fundraiser here: [link removed] [[link removed]] . If you have not already, please donate as much as you can, so AVFCA can get these materials to all CA legislators, in an effort to educate them about the pitfalls of mandating the HPV vaccine.
[link removed] [[link removed]]
Status of the Bill: Has been assigned to the Assembly Committee on Health, and will most likely be heard on Tuesday, March 14 th at 1:30pm. Public Comment at the hearing will only be in person, in Sacramento. Written public comment should be given even if you plan to come in person (see below).
If you haven't already,
These TWO Actions must be taken before Wednesday!
1) Email your Assembly Member and Senator, as well as the Assembly Health Committee Members , to share your opposition using AVFCA’s easy to use online portal.
Go to [link removed] [[link removed]] and send an email legislators to request Asm Aguiar-Curry to remove the HPV vaccine requirement. Please personalize the body of this email, as otherwise legislators think it is a bot that sent the email and ignore it. You can put AVFCA's talking points into your own words: [link removed] [[link removed]] Note: the AVFCA portal does not send you what you wrote, so before you click submit, you may want to copy it to a personal document it so you have it for future reference.
2) Submit a letter of opposition to the Legislative Portal, as an individual and on behalf of any organization you represent, and encourage other organizations to do the same, These are due before NOON on Wednesday, March 8:
- Write a brief letter in your own words asking the Assembly Health Committee to OPPOSE AB 659 to remove the HPV Vaccine Mandate. This does not need to be more than a few sentences stating “I oppose AB 659 bill because ….”. Make sure your letter is polite, to the point, and sounds convincing. Remember you are trying to sway the legislators to vote the way you want them to, not alienate them. If you can write on behalf of an organization or company, be sure to put your letter on a letterhead and sign it, so that it gets recognized.
- Create an account or sign in at [link removed] [[link removed]]
- Click “Submit a letter” and enter the bill number (AB 659), and follow the instructions to upload your letter to Assembly Health and Education Committees.
Please forward this email to anyone in California who you think should be concerned by an HPV vaccine mandate, with no exemptions. Share this email on social media: [link removed] [[link removed]]
Over the past 8 years, A Voice for Choice Advocacy has established itself as the leading legislative organization lobbying in the California Capitol for your health rights. While A Voice for Choice Advocacy's lobbying activity in the Capitol is important, your positive constituent relationships with your CA State Senator and Assembly Member and their staff are critical to assisting with A Voice for Choice Advocacy's efforts in the Capitol.
Knowing how to create a trusted, professional relationship with your legislator is not always easy, and it can be hard to know where to start. Christina, who during 2015, spent ever Monday thru Wednesday in Sacramento lobbying alongside our seasoned lobbyist, learning the tricks of the trade, and since then has had hundreds of legislative meetings, has shared her knowledge in this video, so you can be as effective as possible. [link removed] [[link removed]]
If you found this information helpful and appreciate the work A Voice for Choice Advocacy is doing, please support us by making a donation today.
Together we can make change happen!
A Voice for Choice Advocacy, Inc. [email protected] [[email protected]]
www.AVoiceForChoiceAdvocacy.org [[link removed]]
[link removed] [[link removed]] [link removed] [[link removed]] [[link removed]] [link removed] [[link removed]]
[link removed] [[link removed]] [link removed] [[link removed]] [link removed] [[link removed]]
[link removed] [[link removed] ]
You are receiving this email because you have signed up on the AVFC or AVFCA website or on a sign up list in person. If you believe you received this message in error or wish to no longer receive email from us, please unsubscribe: [link removed] .
A Voice for Choice Advocacy
530 Showers Drive, #7404
Mountain View, CA 94040