The film is now live! You read the report ([link removed][UNIQID]) , now you can watch the short documentary ([link removed][UNIQID]) about the San Francisco Bay Microplastics Project where we discovered over 7 trillion pieces of plastic entering the SF Bay every year!
We did it! Thanks to you, WE TRIPLED our fundraising goal ending 2019 with the most successful campaign to date. We couldn't thank you enough and are prepared to take the organization to new heights with you by our side. Stay tuned for our next amazing decade of work! Donate here ([link removed][UNIQID]) if you want to contribute.
Traveling to Denver! From 1/28-1/31, several of us will be in the mile high city of Denver for Outdoor Retailer's Snow Show. Come say hi (mailto:[email protected]) as we explore the next location for TrashBlitz!
Access the curriculum in new ways! A new platform will allow you to better access all K-12 lessons to empower the next generation with knowledge. Coming soon! Stay tuned here ([link removed][UNIQID]) .
Local Action: Los Angeles
* Highly unusual: LA County held the first stakeholder workshop for the Single Use Plastics Ordinance. This doesn't usually happen and gives the public a chance to propose elements that they want to see turned into law, before any language has even been written.
* Later this month, UCLA is set to release a feasibility study commissioned by LA County for the Single Use Plastics Ordinance.
* We're part of a new coalition of NGOs working to resolve LA County's plastic pollution issue by championing reduction and reusables called Reusable LA. This group aims to be a model movement for other cities to follow, which could lead the nation in reducing overall plastic consumption.
* Reusable LA will be holding a restaurant outreach training in the first week of February. No action yet but here's ([link removed][UNIQID]) where you can get the latest information.
Subscribe to the Policy Updates Newsletter ([link removed][UNIQID])
We are seeking a driven and collaborative Program Coordinator and a Science Program Manager dedicated to effecting positive change, to support the growth and implementation of our primary programs. If this is you, apply here ([link removed][UNIQID]) .
News from our Partners driving design change:
* Stasher is acquired by SC Johnson ([link removed][UNIQID])
* Stasher, Everything but Water, Klean Kanteen, and Final Straw partner to create an "Eco-Friendly Survival Kit" giveaway package ([link removed][UNIQID])
* Final Straw is Kardashian's 'pick of the week' around the holidays ([link removed][UNIQID])
* Brew Dr. Kombucha is featured on BevNet, CEO talks evolving while scaling ([link removed][UNIQID])
* Costa's, Lia Colabello talks polybags and the outdoor industry's need to "cut the cord" ([link removed][UNIQID])
* Outer mentioned in 5 Retail Trends to Watch in 2020 ([link removed][UNIQID])
Our mailing address is:
The 5 Gyres Institute
5792 West Jefferson Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90016
Want to change how you receive these emails?
** Update your preferences ([link removed])
This email was sent to [email protected] (mailto:[email protected])
why did I get this? ([link removed]) unsubscribe from this list ([link removed]) update subscription preferences ([link removed])
The 5 Gyres Institute . 5792 West Jefferson Boulevard . Los Angeles, CA 90016 . USA