I am so proud of a handful of freedom fighters who were fearless & stood their ground under INTENSE pressure resulting in MAJOR change to House rules!
View this email in your browser ([link removed])
McCarthy was elected Speaker to replace Pelosi around midnight after 15 rounds of voting! I for one am so proud of the handful of Freedom Fighters, most of whom are members of the Freedom Caucus, who were fearless and stood their ground under INTENSE pressure resulting in MAJOR concessions from McCarthy before winning the Speakership! I’m optimistic that these changes just may help save this beautiful Republic for our children and grandchildren!!
Among the changes McCarthy agreed to are these:
- Allow a single lawmaker to make a motion to elect a new speaker, returning to the way the House ran for decades before that practice was eliminated under former Speaker Nancy Pelosi.
- Vote on term limits.
- Vote on the adoption of a budget resolution that balances the budget in 10 years.
- Cap fiscal year 2024 spending at FY 2022 levels.
- Reject any negotiations on spending with the Senate until the Senate passes its own spending bills.
- Agreed not to increase the debt limit without spending cuts or other fiscal reforms.
- Set up a committee to examine the weaponization of government against U.S. citizens.
- Ensure no bills are brought up on the floor until at least 72 hours pass.
Many of us who love this county know we are on borrowed time unless we stop our elected officials from continuing to recklessly spend and indebt our future children and grandchildren. These changes should insure that a Republican-led House will never again pass pork-filled, billion-dollar omnibus bills in the dead of night without members having appropriate time to know what’s in these bills before it’s too late.
When I see even just a few bold and brave patriots willing to selflessly stand in the gap, in the midst of intense pressure to back down, I’m reminded of one of my favorite quotes.
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful and committed people can change the world, indeed it’s the only thing that ever has”. - Margaret Mead
God bless you and God bless America!
Former State Rep & candidate for U.S. Senate
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." - Ronald Reagan
Our mailing address is:
Friends For Josh Clark, Inc.
3446 Winder Highway Suite M-353
Flowery Branch, GA 30542-2554
Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can ** update your preferences ([link removed])
or ** unsubscribe from this list ([link removed])