Hey there --
Elon Musk is running Twitter into the ground faster than we even imagined.
Three weeks ago, he promised he would not transform Twitter into a “free-for-all hellscape,” but his actions have done just that. In just three weeks, he’s already:
- Fired more than half of Twitter’s employees, including thousands of contractors across the globe who moderate content and keep the platform safe. 
- He's even fired engineers responsible for site security and stability – some of them by Tweet. 
- Rolled out a new subscription plan, allowing anyone to buy a blue verified checkmark for $8/month leading to a surge in dangerous parody accounts. 
- Scared away a lot of companies advertising on the platform, and is using his own company, SpaceX, to create ad revenue. 
- Mocked Senator Ed Markey who sits on the powerful Commerce Committee, capable of subpoenaing him in the future. 
- Openly shared that the company could go bankrupt. 
Help us hold Elon accountable for his disastrous decisions leading Twitter. We’re calling on Twitter’s top advertisers to stop their advertising on Twitter as Elon Musk rolls back safety and community standards. Will you sign on to our letter to Twitter’s top advertisers to hold Elon Musk accountable? Add your name here → [[link removed]]
ADD YOUR NAME [[link removed]]
We co-organized a coalition of 60+ organizations to send a letter to Twitter’s top advertisers, urging them to commit to ceasing all advertising on Twitter globally as Elon Musk undermines brand safety and community standards . Help keep public pressure on Elon Musk. Sign on to our letter to Twitter’s top advertisers asking them to hold Elon Musk accountable as he takes over Twitter [[link removed]] .
We're not going to let Elon Musk steamroll one of the most powerful communication systems on the planet without a fight.
Thanks for being with us,
Co-founder and Executive Director
 The Verge: [link removed] [[link removed]]  Forbes: [link removed] [[link removed]]  CNBC: [link removed] [[link removed]]  CNN: [link removed] [[link removed]]  Axios: [link removed] [[link removed]]  Vanity Fair: [link removed] [[link removed]]
Chip in to support our work holding Big Tech accountable:
CHIP IN [[link removed]]
Democracy depends on common truths. Social media giants are eroding our consensus reality and pushing democracy to the brink. Accountable Tech is fighting back by urging social media companies to serve the public good by strengthening the integrity of their platforms and our democracy. Make a donation to fund our work → [[link removed]]
Our email list is an important tool to reach people who care about advancing structural reforms to our information ecosystem to foster a healthier democracy. This is our "General Email" list. To sign up for our "Close Friends" newsletter for more updates about our work or to stop receiving emails from Accountable Tech, please use this link [[link removed]] .
© Accountable Tech 2022
[link removed] [[link removed]] www.facebook.com/accountabletech [www.facebook.com/accountabletech] [link removed] [[link removed]] [link removed] [[link removed]]
712 H Street NE, Suite 1141
Washington, DC 20002