View this email in your browser ([link removed])
Email: [email protected] (mailto:[email protected])
** Vote Conservative to save the environment
I am proud of our record on tackling climate change from being the first country to set legally binding emission targets to reducing emissions faster than any other G20 country but there is much more to be done and here are some of the things we have committed to in our manifesto:
* New independent Office for Environmental Protection to mandate eco-friendly legislation and ensure we meet our net zero targets
* Double International Climate Finance
* Two million new high quality jobs in clean growth
* £800 million to build the first fully deployed carbon capture storage cluster by the mid-2020s
* Help lower energy bills by investing £9.2 billion in the energy efficiency of homes, schools and hospitals
* £500 million to help energy-intensive industries move to low-carbon techniques
* Move forward with our Road Zero Strategy to clean up our transport system
* Electric vehicle infrastructure including a national plug-in network and gigafactory
* Strict new laws on air quality
* Increasing our commitment to and investment into renewables and renewable energy technology
* Our world-leading offshore wind industry will reach 40GW by 2030 and we will enable new floating wind farms
** PROTECT OUR LOCAL ENVIRONMENT
Caring for our local environment is one of my priorities which is why I recently wrote to Wiltshire Council asking them to adopt the roadside verges initiative and let our wild flowers bloom. This will create dramatically more pollinator habitats which are essential for bees whilst also massively increasing biodiversity and restoring vital wild flower habitats.
I am pleased to see from the response of Wiltshire Council that they are planning to carry this out along the A350 however I am clear this has to be expanded upon and the sites they are identifying with the help of local councils need to be stepped up. Action must be taken as soon as possible to allow wild fauna to flourish and to encourage local wildlife. It is only right we learn to live harmoniously with the environment around us and making sure we maintain the highest possible level of biodiversity in developed areas is a great way of protecting precious habitats whilst creating new ones for the generations to come.
We already know how important our gardens can be for the local wildlife and how planting flowers can make a real impact in improving and conserving the environment for pollinators like bees, however action at a county and even national level should be taken alongside the individual efforts we make. This is why I am working to ensure our local authorities deliver on their commitments and take the need to protect our unique habitats seriously.
A majority Conservative government will guarantee:
* No rise to Income Tax
* No rise to National Insurance
* No rise to VAT
Helping you and your family keep more of the money you earn.
A vote for the Liberal Democrats would help Corbyn to become our Prime Minister. Vote for me for a committed, accessible, approachable and hard-working MP and also prevent Corbyn from gaining power.
Corbyn would cripple our country - but the danger is he could win by the 'back door.' A vote for the Liberal Democrats could enable this. Don't risk a Corbyn government - vote Conservative to secure our future.
Our mailing address is:
Office of Michelle Donelan
1 Swift Way, Bowerhill
Melksham, Wiltshire SN12 6GS
Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can ** update your preferences ([link removed])
or ** unsubscribe from this list ([link removed])