A cleaner, healthier, and more sustainable Bronx.
Climate change is impacting our borough at an alarming rate. Storms like Hurricane Ida caused massive flooding last summer, and a high concentration of pollution from industries is making our children sick with asthma and other comorbidities.
We need to act now to protect our environment and the health and wellness of the Bronx and Westchester.
The marginalized members of our community will be impacted significantly by climate change and will eventually impact everyone as our food supply diminishes, and our water and air become more polluted. Our community has some incredible natural resources and features that we should protect at all costs.
Check out my video to learn more about our district's rich natural resources and history and my plans to preserve and strengthen them. ([link removed])
Watch the video here ([link removed])
As a community organizer, I’ve fought for climate policy in our district, and as your State Senator, I promise to continue that fight by:
* Passing the Climate and Community Investment Act (CCIA), making polluters pay for the harm they've caused our communities, and investing funds to transition our state to a just, renewable economy.
* Conserving and preserving our public lands.
* Fighting for clean energy alternatives.
* Addressing the trash and pollution wreaking havoc on our environment, communities, municipal curbside recycling programs, and global climate.
* Investing in energy rebates and improvements in neighborhoods that have been disproportionately burdened by carbon emissions and facilities.
* Supporting the Build Public Renewables Act
* Supporting the Clean Futures Act
Read my policy on Climate ([link removed])
I’ve signed the Green New Deal Pledge and refuse to take any money from harmful fossil fuel industry lobbyists, executives, and PACs. The people of this community must come before the fossil fuel industry profits.
I hope you’ll join me in this fight for clean air, clean water, and a safe, sustainable future for the Bronx and Westchester.
Democrat for State Senate - District 34
Bronx & Westchester
Donate now to support our grassroots campaign
Chip in today ⟶ ([link removed])
Sign up to volunteer ⟶ ([link removed])
** Share ([link removed])
** Tweet ([link removed])
** Follow ([link removed])
** Website ([link removed])
Copyright © 2022 Friends of Christian Amato, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you opted in via our website.
Our mailing address is:
Friends of Christian Amato
910 Pelham Pkwy S
Bronx, NY 10462-1102
Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can ** update your preferences ([link removed])
or ** unsubscribe from this list ([link removed])
PAID FOR BY FRIENDS OF CHRISTIAN AMATO