From Action New Orleans <[email protected]>
Subject What people are saying about the ballot of yes
Date November 9, 2019 4:08 PM
  Links have been removed from this email. Learn more in the FAQ.
  Links have been removed from this email. Learn more in the FAQ.
Today is the last day of early voting, and we are asking you to vote YES on all four ballot initiatives, to re-elect Gov. John Bel Edwards, and 

[link removed]
Today is the last day of early voting and we are asking you to re-elect Gov. John Bel Edwards, vote for Mayor LaToya Cantrell's endorsed legislative candidates: Aimee Adatto Freeman, Candace Newell, and Matthew Willard, and vote YES to all four ballot initiatives in New Orleans.

Infrastructure Bonds: Investing for the Present and the Future
"If voters approve this proposition, the City could issue up to $500 million in new capital improvement bonds, supported by an existing property tax for City debt. Unlike other bond authorizations in recent years, the proposition does not identify specific projects, nor does it set dollar amounts for the permissible categories of improvements. Instead, City administrators said they intend to use the bond proceeds as follows: $250 million for drainage and streets; $225 million for public facilities and public safety equipment; and $25 million for affordable housing. The City will allocate bond proceeds to projects through its annual capital planning process, which aligns with recommended practices and requires public input and City Council approval." Position: FOR.
- Bureau of Governmental Research

Maintenance Fund: Preventive Care for our City
"This is the only question of the three that would increase property taxes on residents, although it would effectively replace a different millage that dropped off the books last year. The proceeds would provide an estimated $12 million annually. As with the bond issue, the city has put forth a nonbinding plan, with 50% going toward streets and drainage, 35% toward facilities and 15% to maintain, repair and replace vehicles. We recognize that many residents are facing a higher tax burden due to new property assessments, but think the administration is justified in seeking money to invest in these well-chronicled needs. We also agree that better maintenance can be a money-saver in the long run. We recommend a “yes” vote, and here too encourage the city to follow its plan."
- New Orleans Advocate | Times Picayune

Short-Term Rentals: A Level Playing Field for Visitors
This proposition should be an easy 'yes' for all voters. It would authorize a permanent tax (up to 6.75%) on short-term rentals. State law requires the city to dedicate 75% of the revenue to a special infrastructure fund and 25% to the private, nonprofit New Orleans & Company to promote tourism. The city has informally agreed to dedicate 75% of the infrastructure money to the Sewerage & Water Board and use the remaining 25% for the Department of Public Works. This proposal is part of the mayor’s 'fair share' package approved by state lawmakers. Best of all, it would be paid by tourists, not locals."
- Gambit Weekly

Human Rights Commission: Getting it Right
A long-sought dream of civil rights activists in the City of New Orleans, this would amend Article V of the Home Rule Charter of the City of New Orleans to create a local Human Rights Commission to safeguard all individuals in the City of New Orleans from discrimination and to exercise all powers, duties, and functions provided by applicable state and municipal law. It’s about time. Please support.
- Louisiana Weekly

Support the Ballot of Yes ([link removed])
By supporting the Ballot of Yes, you will receive a toolkit with social graphics, videos, and important election updates.

** Facebook ([link removed])
** Twitter ([link removed])
** Link ([link removed])
** Website ([link removed])
Paid for by Action New Orleans PAC
Copyright © 2019 Action New Orleans, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you opted in via our website.

Our mailing address is:
Action New Orleans
400 Poydras St Ste 900
New Orleans, LA 70130-3738
Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can ** update your preferences ([link removed])
or ** unsubscribe from this list ([link removed])
Screenshot of the email generated on import

Message Analysis