Hope you are having a good fall! I wanted to share five things with you this Friday.
1. On Wednesday, I helped stop votersuppression efforts (temporarily) by successfully moving to adjourn Senate session. Click here <[link removed]> to read about it! While I'm disappointed the strict photo ID bills moved forward the following day, we won't stop pushing back and using whatever tools we can.
2. I testified yesterday about the bipartisan legislation I've sponsored with Senator Rick Outman to create a communitycrisisresponsefund. This will help local municipalities ensure that we respond to mental health emergencies in a way that gets people treatment and services rather than being sent to jail. Here's <[link removed]> a link to a recent op-ed about our bills.
3. This week, I re-introduced bipartisan legislation with Senate and House colleagues to protect domesticviolence survivors from further violence. October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month. Now is the time for action <[link removed]>.
4. Last Saturday, I spoke at the rally in Detroit regarding reproductiverights. My colleagues and I have reintroduced legislation to repeal the 1931 law that criminalizes abortion that would go into effect if Roev. Wade is overturned. We will keep fighting for the rights of people who can get pregnant.
5. We have a criminaljustice forum coming up on October 22 with the Detroit Hispanic Development Corporation. Attorney General Dana Nessel is our featured speaker and Project Clean Slate will be on hand for expungements! Click here <[link removed]> for more information.
P.S.?We have been working very hard every day... and your support helps make it possible for us to continue. Can you chip in $5, $10, $25, or $50 today? <[link removed]>
<[link removed]>DONATE <[link removed]>
<[link removed]> <[link removed]>
www.stephaniechang.com <[link removed]>
Paid for by Stephanie Chang for Senate | P.O. Box 32317 | Detroit, MI 48232
Stephanie Chang for Senate - PO Box 32317, Detroit, MI 48232, United States