"Earth’s climate has always changed naturally, but both the global extent and rate of recent warming are unusual." - August 2021 IPCC Report, FAQ 2.1 [Understated?]
* TONIGHT, August 350 Meeting - What the #&!! is going on?
* Friday Aug. 13, 12-1pm: Milwaukee's DAY OF ACTION
+ LEAD UP TO GLASGOW ([link removed])
VOTE. SPEAK. ACT.
Acting once gets a smile, persistence gets change!
350 Milwaukee Meeting
Tuesday, August 10, 7 - 8:30pm
We've reserved a place for you at our
Zoom Meeting ([link removed])
Enbridge Line 3
What the #&!! is going on?
Only rapid and drastic reductions in greenhouse gases in this decade can prevent such climate breakdown, with every fraction of a degree of further heating likely to compound the accelerating effects..." - The Guardian on IPCC report
What is Enbridge Line 3
and why is it being targeted by
Stop the Money Pipeline?
And we'll hear from
(a.k.a. 'Bad Ass Grandma', arrested 3x @Line 3)
(Building Unity Wisconsin ([link removed]) )
Meeting ID: 886 6972 1077
Dial by your location
Find your local number: [link removed]
350MKE Fridays for Future
Friday, August 13, 12:00 - 1:00 pm
Chase & Wells Fargo Banks
Wisconsin Ave. at Water St ([link removed]) .
Masks and Physical Distancing
On Friday, August 13th, activists around the country will organize actions & protests at the branches, offices, and headquarters of the banks funding Enbridge Line 3.
Enbridge is building Line 3, a pipeline that would result in a 10% expansion of the tar sands and have the same climate impact as fifty new coal-fired power plants. Yet last month, major banks, such as JPMorgan Chase and Citibank, facilitated $1.5 billion in so-called sustainability loans to Enbridge.
We'll be uploading images of our Milwaukee event to the central campaign bulletin board. So let's get a turnout to show that Milwaukee cares!
DEFUND LINE 3: EXPOSE GREENWASHING DAY OF ACTION ([link removed])
Ahead of the Glasgow Climate Talks, ([link removed]) Line 3 is a litmus test for Wall Street. Either major banks stop funding the toxic Line 3 pipeline, or their climate promises aren’t worth the paper they are written.
On Friday, August 13th, activists around the country will deliver that message to the banks funding Line 3.
Our Demands of Wall Street
We demand that by November 1st, 2021, the start of the Glasgow Climate Talks, all financial institutions take the following steps:
1. Respect Human Rights and Indigenous Sovereignty: End all financial services for any project or company that violates human rights, engages in practices of racial discrimination, or fails to respect Indigenous People’s treaty rights, sovereignty, and right to Free, Prior and Informed Consent.
2. End Support for Deforestation: End all financial services for and investments in for any company involved in deforestation, natural land conversion or peatland destruction across its supply chain.
3. End Support for Fossil Fuels: Begin an immediate phase-out of all financial services for the fossil fuel industry, including immediately ending all financial services for any project or company that is engaged in expanding the extraction, production or transportation of fossil fuels.
RSVP NOW! ([link removed])
Visit us at:
** 350 Milwaukee Web ([link removed])
** 350 Milwaukee FaceBook ([link removed])
** 350 Milwaukee Twitter ([link removed])
** 350 Milwaukee YouTube ([link removed])
You are receiving this email because you signed up at an event or on our website.
To ** update ([link removed])
your contact information, or to ** unsubscribe from this list ([link removed])
, please ** click here ([link removed])
4142 Newhall St.
Shorewood, WI 53211
Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp
** Twitter ([link removed])
** Keep in touch! ([link removed])
** Website ([link removed])
** YouTube ([link removed])