My name is Julian Winborn and I serve as the Political Affairs Director for IYD. Transitioning into my prior role as Chapter Development Director is Bradley Carrico and together we have an urgent call to action for you!
This year, the Indiana General Assembly is undertaking redistricting and will be redrawing state House and Senate districts. To kick off the process, members of the House and Senate Committees on Elections will travel the state to hold public hearings on redistricting. ([link removed])
* Ivy Tech Anderson Campus (815 E. 60th St., Anderson), Friday, Aug. 6, 10 a.m.
* Ivy Tech Lafayette Campus (3101 S. Creasy Lane, Lafayette), Friday, Aug. 6, 10 a.m.
* Ivy Tech Valparaiso Campus (3100 Ivy Tech Drive, Valparaiso), Friday, Aug. 6, 3 p.m. CDT.
* Ivy Tech Columbus Campus (4475 Central Ave., Columbus), Friday, Aug. 6, 4 p.m.
* Ivy Tech Fort Wayne Campus (3800 N. Anthony Blvd., Fort Wayne), Saturday, Aug. 7, 10 a.m.
* Ivy Tech Evansville Campus (3501 N. First Ave., Evansville), Saturday, Aug. 7, 9 a.m. CDT.
* Ivy Tech Sellersburg Campus (8204 County Road 311, Sellersburg), Saturday, Aug. 7, 4 p.m.
* Ivy Tech Elkhart County Campus (22531 County Road 18, Goshen), Saturday, Aug. 7, 4 p.m.
* Indiana Statehouse, House Chamber (200 W. Washington Street, Indianapolis) Wednesday, Aug. 11 at 1 pm.
This is a momentous opportunity to be involved with a process that will lay the foundation of our state's politics for a decade. Please attend a meeting near you to voice your opposition to gerrymandering and advocate for fairly drawn and competitive districts where voters are empowered to select their legislators, not the legislators selecting their voters.
At each meeting, there will be a public testimony sign up sheet and the legislators will call on each person to deliver their testimony within a specified timeframe. In addition to voicing your stance on partisan gerrymandering and urging the legislators to draw fair districts, testimony is also an opportunity to ask questions of the legislators about the process. As a citizen, it is your right to deliver testimony and you should write down your thoughts and questions beforehand to ensure clear and effective communication.
Additionally, our Democratic legislators welcome the opportunity to meet and get to know the Young Democrats that will be attending the hearings. So if you decide to attend, please select the hearing you will attend ([link removed]) so our legislators can know beforehand and make time to meet with you.
Our mailing address is:
Indiana Young Democrats
115 W Washington St Ste 1165
Indianapolis, IN 46204-3418
** Add us to your address book ([link removed])
Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can ** update your preferences ([link removed])
or ** unsubscribe from this list ([link removed])
This email was sent to [email protected] (mailto:[email protected])
why did I get this? ([link removed]) unsubscribe from this list ([link removed]) update subscription preferences ([link removed])
Indiana Young Democrats . 115 W Washington St Ste 1165 . Indianapolis, IN 46204-3418 . USA
Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp