I wanted to share a video with you that we released today about what gangs think about Labour and their approach to crime. You can watch and share it below.
<[link removed]>National is the Party of law and order.
We’re working hard to hold the Government to account and ensure New Zealand remains a safe place to live, work and raise a family.
To National, that means making sure victims are at the heart of our justice system, offenders are held to account for their actions, and Social Investment is used to tackle the long-term drivers of crime.
To Labour, that means giving $2.75 million to the Mob.
National backs our frontline Police and Corrections Officers to do their job, and we want to give them the support and tools to do it:
- New Firearm Protection Orders with new search powers.
- New Firearm Protection Orders to seize illegal guns from gangs.
- Bring back Armed Response Teams.
- New criminal offences for violent gang crime.
- New Aggravating sentence in the Sentencing Act for gang members.
- Ban on gang insignia in public places.
- Trial tasers for Corrections Officers.
- Increased penalties for assaulting Corrections Officers.
- New Legislation – no public funding for gangs.
- Require gangs to prove income is legitimate.
New Zealand communities are facing an increase in violence on our streets and in particular gang violence. It’s got to stop.
In the last week, we've reached over 400,000 Kiwis with help from generous supporters like you. Our message is getting through and we need to keep it up!
Help us reach more Kiwis. Join the Demand the Debate Campaign by donating here. <[link removed]>
It’s time we Demand the Debate about gangs and organised crime in New Zealand so that we can keep New Zealanders safe.
NZ National Party - 41 Pipitea St, Wellington 6011, New Zealand