Cornerstone, England’s only evangelical fostering agency, has been at the Court of Appeal this week.
It is seeking to overturn a High Court ruling that “evangelical” includes those who reject biblical teaching on sexual ethics.
We argued that:
* it is not for the courts to decide who is and isn’t an evangelical Christian;
* evangelicals believe sexual intimacy is to be enjoyed exclusively within a marriage between a man and a woman;
* it is not possible to be a faithful evangelical whilst rejecting biblical sexual ethics.
Thank you for your prayers. A judgment is not expected for some time.
Please continue to pray:
* For the judges as they consider their ruling;
* For the trustees, staff and families of Cornerstone;
* Giving thanks for the many freedoms Christians enjoy in the UK – including the freedom for Christian organisations to recruit only those who share their faith;
* For a successful outcome to the case.
If you would like to make a donation to help support Cornerstone and other religious freedom cases, please use the button below.
Donate ([link removed])
Yours in Christ,
Deputy Director (Staff and Communications)
The Christian Institute
[link removed] Donate ([link removed])
[link removed] Subscribe ([link removed])
Registered office: The Christian Institute, Wilberforce House, 4 Park Road, Gosforth Business Park, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 8DG
The Christian Institute is a company limited by guarantee, registered in England as a charity.
Company No. 263 4440, Charity No. 100 4774.
A charity registered in Scotland. Charity No. SC039220.
Unsubscribe [email protected] ([link removed])