With construction slated to begin the first of November, the time to act against the Weymouth Compressor Station is now. Pledge to take action to stop the Weymouth Compressor Station now! <[link removed]> Whether that looks like a phone call or showing up to a community meeting, there’s lots of other ways to make an impact. Read below for more information:
- Pack the room at the Public Involvement Plan meeting in Weymouth this Thursday at 7pm. Join us at the Abigail Adams school (89 Middle St, East Weymouth, MA 02189) on October 10th to discuss the ongoing contamination at the proposed compressor site. Show up to support Fore River Residents Against the Compressor Station and ensure a strong public presence at this meeting. Find more details here <[link removed]>.
- Baker needs to be publicly shamed for not stopping the Weymouth Compressor. Sign up to bird dog Gov. Baker <[link removed]> at upcoming events and pressure him to stop construction. Find more details here <[link removed]>.
- Post a picture of yourself on social media in your town with this sign <[link removed]> to spread the word. Make sure to include these tags: @350Mass, @FRRACS_MA, @MassGovernor, @MassDEP, #NoWeymouthCompressor! It’s super easy, see what our super volunteer leader Carolyn did in Mendon. <[link removed]>
- Make three calls to stop the compressor. Do this immediately and make a huge impact. Call these three numbers (Governor Baker at 617-725-4005; DEP Commissioner Martin Suuberg at 617-292-5536; EEA Sec. Theoharides at 617-626-1000) and ask these three questions:
- How can construction begin without the proper permits?
- How can construction begin on contaminated land without the final Release Abatement Measure plan?
- How can construction begin without the promised safety and risk evaluation reports
Together, we can stop this project. Take the pledge now! <[link removed]>
Vignesh Ramachandran for 350 Mass
Better Future Project - 30 Bow St, Cambridge, MA 02138, United States
This email was sent to [email protected] To adjust your email preferences or stop receiving emails: [link removed]