Sometimes campaign life moves so fast you forget to check the calendar. Today is May 8th. Election Day is June 8th. We have one more month to go.
I’m about to ask you to contribute my campaign’s average online donation of $29. Let me explain why.
With so little time left, I thought it would be important to remind you who I am and why I need your help over the next month to win this campaign and transform Virginia. Here’s five things I think you should know about me:
- I’m the child of an immigrant father and a mother born under segregation. I was the first in my family to go to college.
- I got a job at a high-powered law firm, but when my firm told me I had to represent Donald Trump, I quit.
- I worked with Rep. Elijah Cummings on the House Oversight Committee to investigate the corruption of the Trump administration.
- I became the youngest-ever president of the largest NAACP chapter in Virginia, where I successfully fought for racial equity on issues such as education and workforce development.
- I’m running a people-powered campaign that refuses corporate donations so I can stay true to my values of racial, economic, and environmental justice.
Our campaign has more small-dollar donations than any other campaign in the race for Lt. Governor. Can you help us keep up that momentum by donating our average contribution of $29 right now?
My story is an American story—one of struggle, triumph, and speaking truth to power every step of the way. I want to use my experience to improve the lives of my fellow Virginians who have had a raw deal for far too long. We can do that if we have your help right here, right now.
One month to go. Let’s get it done.