We are now 5 days away from electing Joe Biden as our next President of the United States!
Thank you to all our volunteers who are tirelessly working to get Joe Biden and Kamala Harris into the White House who, as our leaders, will restore decency, fairness, honesty, compassion and integrity to America.
As of this morning, 56.41% of Indian River County voters have voted.
* 15,268 Democrats have voted by mail and 5,923 Democrats have voted during early voting.
* 21,349 out of 34,382 Democrats having already voted.
* All together, 61.6% of Democrats in our county have already voted! Compared to 59.5% of Republicans who have voted.
Statewide, Democratic turnout is at 53.6% (2.99 million) and Republican Turnout 50.2% (2.78 million). NPA turnout is 31% (1.5 million).
13,033 Democrats in Indian River have still not voted. If you are one of them, please go vote today!
If these two 100 year old ladies can get out the vote – you surely can!
WHERE DO I TAKE MY BALLOT?
WHAT IF I HAVE AN ISSUE WITH MY BALLOT?
DO YOU NEED A RIDE TO THE POLLS?
Please call our office at 772.226.5267 or email [email protected] (mailto:[email protected]) , if you need a ride to the polls. We have volunteers ready to drive you there and take you home. Every vote matters in this election!
IRC DEMOCRATIC HEADQUARTERS HOURS
This Friday, October 30^th, will be the last day our office is open until November 18^th. If you need a candidate yard signs, bumper stickers or buttons, please come to the office tomorrow between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m.
The office will be closed October 31^st through November 18^th.
P.S. Speaking of hours....don't forget to set your clocks 1 hour back before you go to bed Saturday night!
ELECTION DAY HELP NEEDED!!
Election Day Sign Waving
We are in dire need of sign wavers/Democratic supporters to man 4 locations on election day. Shifts are 4 hours long and we need more than one person for each shift. Here are the details:
The 4 locations are:
School District of Indian River County (6500 57^th Street, Vero Beach, 32967)
Gifford Community Center (4855 43^rd Ave., Vero Beach, 32967)
Intergenerational Recreation Center (1590 9^th St. SW, Vero Beach, 32962)
Unitarian Universalist Fellowship Hall (1590 27^th Ave., Vero Beach, 32960)
7 a.m. to 11 a.m.
11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
There are 14 polling locations where we would like to place candidate signs. We would need one or two volunteers for each location to drop off the signs around 7 a.m. and pick them up at 7 p.m. Signs will be provided. If you are willing and able to commit to this job, please email Stacey at [email protected] (mailto:[email protected])
WAYS TO VOLUNTEER FOR VICTORY
We are down to the final push! Here are some ways you can help.
We still have one more sign waving and we need YOU to show up in force! Our sign wavings are so famous, they made Wednesday’s New York Times!!!
We will be wearing masks and social distancing. Signs will be provided, but if you have your own, feel free to bring them.
Join us TODAY - Thursday, October 29^th, from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. at the corner of US Hwy 1 and 4^th Street. There is parking in the McKee overflow (they will be closed at that time).
This Friday, October 30^th there will be sign waving and a car caravan in Sebastian. Meet at 3:45 p.m. in the parking lot of Bealls Outlet and Checkers Fast Food (across from Walgreens) on US Hwy 1 and Roseland. The sign waving event will last for one hour and the car caravan for about an hour and a half. Decorate your car to drive in the caravan, or bring signs to wave (homemade signs are always welcomed).
Canvassing for Biden
The Biden Campaign has also been a virtual operation until earlier this month. Some states, including Florida, are beginning to knock on doors and man literature/sign disbursement centers in 27 locations around the state. If you are interested in canvassing, the most recent one to us is in Fr. Pierce. Click here to find the canvass near you: [link removed]
Because of the safety & health protocols the Biden campaign has put in place, everyone joining in the canvass events must go through an online training so that they can be sure to follow all of their protocols for a safe event.
Trainings are here: [link removed]
Canvassing For Jim Kennedy
Jim Kennedy's campaign is also looking for volunteers to place door hangers in Indian River County. They are targeting NPAs and will work with volunteers to define and deliver turfs close to their home/precincts to work on their own time. They are focusing on NPAs with VBM ballots now and will transition to other NPAs as early voting begins. Please contact Joanne Terry at [email protected] (mailto:[email protected]) or 321-684-3295 if you are interested.
THE BIDEN CAMPAIGN
The Biden campaign has fully moved into the Get Out the Vote phase of the campaign, and calls are to help Biden supporters vote, whether it is through vote by mail or in-person. The calls are being made to counties in Southern Florida and volunteers can work with an open virtual phone bank or with our dialer system.
** The campaign is offering dialer training on Thursdays over Zoom at 3 pm. Email [email protected] (mailto:[email protected]) to sign up.
Calls are being made every day starting at 12 pm, 3 pm, and 6 pm, with a 9 am shift on Saturdays. To sign up to make calls the link is [link removed]
DEMOCRATS OF INDIAN RIVER
Phone banking and texting continue by our incredible local volunteers trying to get out the Democratic vote in Indian River County. There are 13,000 Democrats that have not voted, yet. If you want to join this loyal army of volunteers, email: [email protected]
Resist Bot is an amazing and super easy texting tool to use with numerous advocacy options. With Resist Bot you can write your own letters to Congress, State officials and even the President; access phone numbers of officials anytime; create your own petition for others to sign and see trending petitions; even get 3 newspaper front pages every morning. It took me about 1 minute to sign 2 petitions and send letters to Scott and Rubio asking them to hold off voting a new Supreme Court Justice and to stop forced hysterectomies on ICE detainees. To start using Resist Bot, use your mobile phone and go to [link removed]
Volunteer for a Local Campaign
If you have time during the next few days, our local candidates could use your help!
Jim Kennedy is running to unseat Bill Posey. Posey has been in his position for 12 years and it is time for a new member of Congress to represent us. You can learn more about Jim at [link removed]
Al Griffiths is a candidate for Florida House Seat 54, running against Erin Grall. Learn more about Al at:
Don’t forget to mark your calendars for the next virtual Democratic Club meeting Wednesday, Nov. 11^th at 6 pm. The meeting will be on Zoom and all are welcome. If you are not a member, please contact Claudia Martino [email protected] (mailto:[email protected]) to request the Zoom link.
IMPORTANT VOTE BY MAIL DATES
* November 3, 7 p.m. – SOE must receive completed ballots from in-state and absent stateside voters
* November 5, 5 p.m – deadline to cure ballots with signature mismatches
* November 13 – SOE must receive completed ballots from overseas voters
THIS WEEK WITH JOE BIDEN
* Joe Biden travels to Florida today to discuss bringing Americans together to address the crises facing the country and winning the battle for the soul of the nation. In the afternoon, Vice President Biden will deliver remarks at a drive-in event in Broward County to encourage Floridians to vote. In the evening, Vice President Biden will deliver remarks at a drive-in event in Tampa to encourage Floridians to vote. You can watch all events HERE ([link removed]) .
* Jill Biden will join members of UNITE HERE Florida, the hospitality workers' union, to deliver remarks on Joe Biden’s plan to fight for working families and build back better an economy devastated by Donald Trump’s mismanagement of the COVID-19 pandemic response.
* Today, Biden for President will begin airing two ads that both focus on climate change.Melanie ([link removed]) is a 90 second spot that tells the story of a wildland firefighter in Arizona, andOval ([link removed]) suggests the best way to quiet Trump’s noise. These are the first two campaign-sponsored ads focused exclusively on climate ever to air nationally in a general election and will run on MSNBC and Comedy Central respectively.
* On Wednesday, Joe Biden received a briefing from public health experts on data that indicates a coming surge in infections, what actions would be needed to turn this around, and the importance of wearing a mask. Following his public health briefing, Biden delivered remarks on controlling the pandemic, the critical urgency behind protecting the Affordable Care Act and what is at stake in this election. You can watch his full remarks HERE ([link removed]) .
* Joe Biden and Kamala Harris released a statement ([link removed]) on Wednesday on the shooting of Walter Wallace Jr. In his statement he stated that “Walter Wallace’s life, like too many others’, was a Black life that mattered — to his mother, to his family, to his community, to all of us.”
* On Wednesday, Joe Biden received a briefing from public health experts. Afterwards, he delivered remarks on his plans to beat COVID-19, lower health care costs, and protect Americans with pre-existing conditions. You can watch HERE ([link removed]) .
* On Tuesday, Vice President Biden visited Warm Springs, Georgia and delivered remarks focused on unity and healing with one week left before the general election. He later spoke at a second rally in Atlanta, where he urged Georgians to vote for Democrats up and down the ticket. You can watch his full remarks in Warm Springs ([link removed]) and Atlanta ([link removed]) .
* On Tuesday, Kamala Harris travelled to Phoenix and Tucson, Arizona to urge Arizonans to make a plan to vote early. In the morning, Senator Harris met with a group of Latina business owners in Tucson. After, Senator Harris participated in an early vote mobilization event. In the afternoon, Senator Harris travelled to Phoenix to meet with a group of Black leaders. Later, Senator Harris participated in an early vote mobilization event with Grammy Award-winning singer and philanthropist Alicia Keys.
* On Monday, Joe Biden traveled to Chester, Pennsylvania where he blasted the Trump administration's response to COVID-19 following Chief of Staff Mark Meadows’ admission that they’ve given up on getting the virus under control.
* Kamala Harris travelled to Reno and Las Vegas on Monday for voter mobilization events to urge Nevadans to make plans to vote early through October 30. In the afternoon, Senator Harris participated in an early vote mobilization event in Reno. In the evening, Senator Harris travelled to Las Vegas to participate in an early vote mobilization event.
* Joe Biden delivered remarks in Wilmington, Delaware on Friday on his plans to beat COVID-19 and get our economy back on track. You can watch HERE ([link removed]) .
* Kamala Harris traveled to Atlanta, Georgia on Friday, to urge voters to cast their ballots early ahead of Mandatory Saturday voting in the Peach state. In the evening, Senator Harris participated in an early vote launch mobilization event in Atlanta, Georgia.
* On Thursday evening, Joe Biden won the debate and exhibited the leadership working families need and deserve. He spoke directly to the American people and laid out his plan to contain COVID-19 and to build our country back better.
* The Association of Flight Attendants Union and the Association of Professional Flight Attendants announced their endorsements ([link removed]) of Joe Biden for President. In their endorsement, they cited their work with Vice President Biden in 2014 in keeping passengers safe, stopping the spread of communicable diseases on transportation, and commended his track record of standing with union members.
* In an op-ed ([link removed]) for CNN, Senators Tom Udall and Elizabeth Warren outlined the dire consequences for Indian Country if Donald Trump and Senate Republicans are successful in nominating Amy Coney Barrett to the Supreme Court. With millions of ballots cast, and Native communities disproportionately impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, the senators argue that placing Barrett on the court could lead to the destruction of the Affordable Care Act, and with it, the health care of many in Indian Country.
* Former Republican Congresswoman Susan Molinari penned an op-ed ([link removed]) for Morning Consult on how Joe Biden and Kamala Harris will work for American women. Molinari discusses how President Trump’s failed leadership has created a she-cession for women across the country, writing, “There’s a crisis we need to talk about.
** FUNDRAISING OPPORTUNITIES FOR THE BIDEN-HARRIS CAMPAIGN
** Join in the fun and attend a Biden-Harris fundraiser!
Kamala Harris and Stephen Colbert TONIGHT Thursday evening, October 29th. ([link removed]) From $250. Click here to sign up!
2. Senator Brian Schatz on Insights into Nov. 3rd & Beyond TONIGHT Thursday, October 29th at 6pm ET/3pm Pacific. ([link removed]) $100. Click here to RSVP!
3. Maya Harris for a South Asian Community Reception TONIGHT Thursday, October 29th at 8pm ET/5pm PT. ([link removed]) $250. Click here to RSVP!
4. Hillary Clinton and Kurt Campbell on American Leadership in the Asia-Pacific TONIGHT Thursday, October 29th at 8:15pm ET/5:15pm PT. ([link removed]) $250. Click here to RSVP!
5. Joe Biden and Susan Rice TOMORROW Friday, October 30th ([link removed]) . $50,000. Click here to sign up!
6. Eric Holder, Sally Yates and Dwight Evans on Social Justice and Voting Rights in support of GOTV efforts TOMORROW Friday, October 30th at 6pm ET/3pm Pacific. ([link removed]) Features a performance by Low Cut Connie. $46! Click here to RSVP!
7. Science Over Fiction with Sen. Chris Coons, Anousheh Ansari, John P. Holdren, Ayana Elizebeth Johnson & Kim Stanley Robinson TOMORROW Friday October 30th at 6:30pm ET/3:30pm Pacific. ([link removed]) $50 & up! Click here to join!
8. Star Jones, Kathryn Chenault, Vanessa Bell Calloway, Dr. Michael Eric Dyson & Rev. Marcia Dyson, Vivica A. Fox and Mario Van Peebles for a Virtual Homecoming on Saturday, October 31st at 9pm ET/6pm Pacific. ([link removed]) $50 & Up! Click here to join!
Our mailing address is:
Democratic Executive Committee of Indian River County
2345 14th Ave.
Vero Beach, FL 32960
Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can ** update your preferences ([link removed])
or ** unsubscribe from this list ([link removed])
Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp