From Stephen <[email protected]>
Subject Haven't seen your response
Date October 26, 2020 7:05 PM
  Links have been removed from this email. Learn more in the FAQ.
  Links have been removed from this email. Learn more in the FAQ.
Did you catch this, John? We sent around a petition last week to demand that Congress act to close America's horrendous income gap, but we haven't seen your signature come through.

The reason we're so fired up about this issue - even more so than usual - is because we finally know exactly how much money working Americans have lost to the top 1% since 1975: $50 TRILLION DOLLARS. If income distributions had stayed the same as they were in 1975, the typical working person would be earning $42,000 more every year, and they'd be spending that money in their communities, creating even more good-paying jobs.

Instead, that money is wallowing away in hedge funds, extravagant mansions, corporate stock holdings, offshore accounts, and who knows what else - when it should be in the hands of working families trying to make ends meet.

If you want to take back wealth from the super-rich and create a more equitable society for everyone, we need you in this fight. Please, join the 3,556 grassroots activists who are already on board by adding your name before midnight tomorrow:

ADD YOUR NAME: Demand Congress take action to close the $50 trillion income inequality gap!

[link removed]

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Civic Action
Subject: $42,000 every year for the average working person
To: [email protected]

BREAKING: $50 TRILLION HAS BEEN STOLEN FROM EVERYDAY PEOPLE IN AMERICA SINCE 1975!

ADD YOUR NAME NOW: Demand Congress take action to close the $50 trillion income-inequality gap!

[link removed]

The RAND Corporation just published a groundbreaking report on economic inequality that found the top 1% have taken $50 TRILLION from the remaining 99% since 1975.

[link removed]

What's that mean for you? Had income distributions remained at 1975 levels, the typical working person in this country would be making $42,000 more in wages every year.

Everyday people are losing out because trickle-downers have cut taxes, slashed regulations, and added loopholes for the super rich - all while working Americans have been robbed blind. But enough is enough.

Now that we know the true costs of trickle-down economics, Congress MUST take action to close the out-of-control inequality gap - but they won't unless all of us fight side by side to convince them to act. Will you join this fight by adding your name to our petition right now?

ADD YOUR NAME NOW: Demand Congress take action to close the $50 trillion income-inequality gap!

[link removed]



--------

This email was sent to [email protected]

To unsubscribe from this email list, please click here: [link removed]

Paid for by Civic Action
Screenshot of the email generated on import

Message Analysis

  • Sender: Civic Action
  • Political Party: n/a
  • Country: United States
  • State/Locality: n/a
  • Office: n/a
  • Email Providers:
    • Blue State Digital