** DO YOU NEED A RIDE TO THE POLLS?
Please call our office at 772.226.5267 or email [email protected] (mailto:[email protected]) , if you need a ride to the polls. We have volunteers ready to drive you there and take you home. Every vote matters in this election!
Since March, due to COVID-19, the Florida Democratic Party operations, and local DEC offices like ours, have been virtual. However, our officers, staff and volunteers continue to work long hours virtually from our homes.
Because of these policies to keep our Democrats safe from the coronavirus, our office remains closed for inside visits and meetings. Operations Coordinator, Stacey Klim, is in the office on Wednesdays and Fridays 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. for visitors to pick up Democratic gear (yard signs, bumper stickers, etc.) and to conduct other “essential services,” which the FDP will allow. Like many of us, she is doing this at some risk to her family, two of who have sensitive, pre-existing conditions.
If you come to the office, please knock on the door, social distance, and wear a facemask. Please be respectful, kind and friendly as we continue to look after the safety of our fellow Democrats.
The last day that Stacey will be in the office before the election is Friday, October 30^th. Plan accordingly. The office will be closed October 31-November 18.
** YARD SIGNS AND BUMPER STICKERS
The Biden campaign just gave us more yard signs and Biden/Harris bumper stickers! Come to our HQ at 2345 14^th Avenue, Suite 7 in Vero Beach and pick them up! While you are there, pick up a Biden/Harris button for $2. You can also grab a free Al Griffiths and Scot Fretwell bumper sticker. And free yard signs for Griffiths, Kennedy and Fretwell! We may not outnumber the other party in our county, but we can support our candidates and the Democratic Party!
We had a nice Democrat drop off the banner below and asked us to find someone who could hang it at their house. It is approximately 3’ by 9’. If you want it, be the first person to email Stacey at [email protected] (mailto:[email protected]) and pick it up tomorrow!
Join fellow Democrats this Sunday, October 25^th for a north county caravan. Meet at 2:45 p.m. in River View Park (in Sebastian). The caravan will leave at 3 p.m. drive down Hwy 512 into Fellsmere and back to the park. Decorate your cars with Biden/Harris, Al Griffiths, Jim Kennedy, Scot Fretwell, or Democratic signs and enjoy a Sunday drive!
** Non Partisan Caravan in Gifford
Join us in a non-partisan caravan in Gifford on Saturday, October 24^th to rally the local community to get out the vote. Meet at Gifford Park at 8:30 a.m. for a one hour drive through Gifford. Some in the caravan may stop by the Supervisor of Elections Office that is on the route to vote. For more information, call Freddie Wolford at 772.633.3941.
Thank you to everyone who has shown up for our sign waving events. It has been fun to see the excitement for our candidates! We still have more scheduled and we need YOU to show up! We will be wearing masks and social distancing. Signs will be provided, but if you have your own, feel free to bring them. Join us on:
Saturday, October 24^th, from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the corner of 58^th Ave. and Hwy 60 (aka 20^th Street), parking in the Target shopping mall.
Thursday, October 29^th, from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. at the corner of US Hwy 1 and 4^th Street. There is parking in the McKee overflow (they will be closed at that time).
Here are some more opportunities:
NOTE LOCATION CHANGE: Every Friday, through October 30^th there will be sign waving and a car caravan in Sebastian. That means this week’s sign waving is on Friday the 23^rd. Meet at 3:45 p.m. in the parking lot of Bealls Outlet and Checkers Fast Food (across from Walgreens) on US Hwy 1 and Roseland. The sign waving event will last for one hour and the car caravan for about an hour and a half. Decorate your car to drive in the caravan, or bring signs to wave (homemade signs are always welcomed).
Note: At this week’s Friday caravan, State House Representative Candidate Al Griffiths will be collecting jars of peanut butter for the 2020 Peanut Butter Challenge. Bring a jar or two to donate if you can!
Early Voting Sign Waving
Early voting started Monday, October 19^th and goes through Saturday, October 31^st from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. every day. Early voting is at 3 different locations – The Main Library in Vero Beach, the Supervisor of Elections office in Vero Beach and Sebastian City Hall. We need help with sign waving at these locations each day. If you are interested in waving signs, please send an email to Stacey at [email protected] (mailto:[email protected]) with the days and times you are available to sign wave. We will provide the signs to wave!
County Wide Sign Placement
Wouldn’t you like to see more Biden/Harris yard signs around town? We are looking for volunteers who would like to place Biden/Harris campaign signs throughout the county. There are IRC County Permitting rules that need to be followed, and we will provide you with that information. If you have time to place a few signs around town before the election, email Stacey at [email protected] (mailto:[email protected])
Canvassing for Biden
The Biden Campaign has also been a virtual operation until earlier this month. Some states, including Florida, are beginning to knock on doors and man literature/sign disbursement centers in 27 locations around the state. If you are interested in canvassing, the most recent one to us is in Fr. Pierce. Click here to find the canvass near you: [link removed]
Because of the safety & health protocols the Biden campaign has put in place, everyone joining in the canvass events must go through an online training so that they can be sure to follow all of their protocols for a safe event.
Trainings are here: [link removed]
Canvassing For Jim Kennedy
Jim Kennedy's campaign is also looking for volunteers to place door hangers in Indian River County. They are targeting NPAs and will work with volunteers to define and deliver turfs close to their home/precincts to work on their own time. They are focusing on NPAs with VBM ballots now and will transition to other NPAs as early voting begins. Please contact Joanne Terry at [email protected] (mailto:[email protected]) or 321-684-3295 if you are interested.
The Biden campaign has fully moved into the Get Out the Vote phase of the campaign, and calls are to help Biden supporters vote, whether it is through vote by mail or in-person. The calls are being made to counties in Southern Florida and volunteers can work with an open virtual phone bank or with our dialer system.
** The campaign is offering dialer training on Thursdays over Zoom at 3 pm. Email [email protected] (mailto:[email protected]) to sign up.
Calls are being made every day starting at 12 pm, 3 pm, and 6 pm, with a 9 am shift on Saturdays. To sign up to make calls the link is [link removed]
Florida Democratic Party
Join the Florida Democratic Party Saturday, October 24 at 11 a.m. ET to Get Out The Vote! We will be using a predictive dialer to contact all remaining voters ahead of the last week of Early Voting.
Our Down Ballot Elections Department will be providing a training at the beginning of the virtual Day of Action to share best practices and assist you with getting logged in! Sign up here: [link removed]
Resist Bot is an amazing and super easy texting tool to use with numerous advocacy options. With Resist Bot you can write your own letters to Congress, State officials and even the President; access phone numbers of officials anytime; create your own petition for others to sign and see trending petitions; even get 3 newspaper front pages every morning. It took me about 1 minute to sign 2 petitions and send letters to Scott and Rubio asking them to hold off voting a new Supreme Court Justice and to stop forced hysterectomies on ICE detainees. To start using Resist Bot, use your mobile phone and go to [link removed]
Volunteer for a Local Campaign
This November not only will you be voting for a new President, but also local Congressional and State seats.
Jim Kennedy is running to unseat Bill Posey. Posey has been in his position for 12 years and it is time for a new member of Congress to represent us. You can learn more about Jim at [link removed]
Al Griffiths is a candidate for Florida House Seat 54, running against Erin Grall. Learn more about Al at:
Both Al Griffiths and Scot Fretwell are looking for volunteers for their campaign. If you have time to help these candidates, please reach out to them ASAP.
Please come by our office to pick up FREE yard signs for these candidates!
2020 WOMEN’S MARCH
The 2020 Indian River County Women’s March was a great success thanks to the hard work of our wonderful volunteer Kathy Cline! Thank you Kathy and to all who showed up to participate!
CNN PIECE IN VERO BEACH
In case you missed it, two of our local Biden supporters were highlighted in a CNN piece. You may recognize the Johnson’s, they attend our sign waving events proudly waving their “Republicans for Biden” signs.
LOOKING TO BORROW TWO PANEL VANS FOR THE WEEKS LEADING UP TO THE ELECTION
Dave Bazinet, who is running Al Griffith’s campaign, is looking to borrow two vans for the next three weeks. He will have them wrapped with Democratic and of course Al campaign signs and then drive them throughout Indian River County every day. You can call Dave at 772-584-2643.
IMPORTANT VOTE BY MAIL DATES
* October 24, 5 p.m. – deadline to request ballot be mailed to voter
* November 3, 7 p.m. – SOE must receive completed ballots from in-state and absent stateside voters
* November 5, 5 p.m – deadline to cure ballots with signature mismatches
* November 13 – SOE must receive completed ballots from overseas voters
THIS WEEK WITH JOE BIDEN
* Today, Jill and Joe Biden will travel to Nashville, Tennessee for the final debate of the general election at 9PM EST.
* Yesterday, President Obama made his first in-person campaign stop of the cycle in Philadelphia, where he encouraged Pennsylvanians to make their plans to vote early atiwillvote.com ([link removed]) . In his remarks, President Obama made the case for the Biden-Harris ticket and underscored Joe’s plan for the economy, the pandemic and how they will bring character and leadership back to the government. You can watch his full remarksHERE ([link removed]) .
* Kamala Harris will participate in “Women Mobilize for Biden,” a virtual rally with Women for Biden and key women leaders. You canRSVP HERE ([link removed]) .
* Vice President Biden released astatement ([link removed]) in response to thenew report ([link removed]) that shows hundreds of cases in which the deported parents of migrant children who were taken from their families cannot be located. In his statement, Biden asserted that “we can secure our borders without treating immigrants as less than human.”
* On Wednesday, Kamala Harris travelled to North Carolina. In the morning, Senator Harris delivered remarks at an early vote launch mobilization event in Asheville, North Carolina. In the afternoon, Senator Harris travelled to Charlotte, North Carolina where she participated in a voter mobilization event to encourage North Carolinians to make their plan to vote early.
* On Tuesday, Kamala Harris participated in a virtual Milwaukee rally with Senator Tammy Baldwin, Congresswoman Gwen Moore, Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett, and Milwaukee County Executive David Crowley to kick off the first day of in-person early voting in Wisconsin.
* On Monday, Kamala Harris travelled to Orlando and Jacksonville, Florida to kick-off the start of in-person early voting in the Sunshine State. In the morning, Senator Harris participated in an early vote launch drive-in rally to encourage Floridians to mobilize their communities and vote early. In the afternoon, Senator Harris participated in a voter mobilization event to encourage Floridians to make their plan to vote early.
* Doug Emhoff traveled to South Florida to visit Miami-Dade, Palm Beach, and Broward Counties to kick off their first day of in-person early voting. Emhoff will host an Early Vote bus tour beginning in Palm Beach County, traveling to early vote sites throughout South Florida to encourage Floridians to mobilize their communities and vote early.
* On Monday, Joe Biden released a statement ([link removed]) on President Trump publicly mocking him for trusting science and calling Dr. Fauci, the leading public health official on COVID-19, a “disaster” and other public health officials “idiots.”
* On Sunday, Biden for President released a new ad ([link removed]) to highlight how Donald Trump’s failed response to the pandemic is shortchanging student-athletes across the nation which will air on ESPN during Monday Night Football. The ad features Tristen Vance, an educational leadership student and football player at Northern Arizona University. Vance’s lifelong dream is to play professional football — a dream he says is now in jeopardy because of Trump’s failure to manage COVID-19.
* On Friday, Today, Joe Biden travelled to Michigan and delivered remarks in Southfield on protecting and expanding access to affordable health care. Afterwards, Biden attended an event in Detroit to urge Michiganders to vote early in person at their local clerk's office or satellite voting center. You can watch both events HERE ([link removed]) .
* USA Today announced ([link removed]) its support of Joe Biden for President of the United States, in the newspaper’s first-ever presidential endorsement. Highlighting the Vice President’s experience and character, the USA Today Editorial Board unanimously endorsed Biden as the candidate to lead the nation “out of this morass and into the future.”
* Rolling Stone announced their endorsement ([link removed]) of Joe Biden for President of the United States, highlighting the Vice President’s broad coalition, progressive solutions and experience to put those solutions into practice.
Our mailing address is:
Democratic Executive Committee of Indian River County
2345 14th Ave.
Vero Beach, FL 32960
Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can ** update your preferences ([link removed])
or ** unsubscribe from this list ([link removed])
Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp