For those of you still making your voting plan, we wanted to offer information as a part of our Voter Info Series about another way to vote: Same-day registration.
If you were unable to register to vote before the deadline, same-day registration allows you to go to any polling place, register, and vote that day! Same-day registration only occurs during the Early Voting period from October 15 to October 31, and NOT on November 3rd.
What to Bring (You only need one of the following):
- NC Driver’s License
- Other photo ID Issued by a government agency (Any is acceptable as long as it has the voter’s current name and address)
- A copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document showing the voter’s name and address
- A current college/university photo identification card paired with proof of campus habitation
Same-Day Registration Process at the Polling Place:
- Once you verify your identity and address you will be asked to complete a North Carolina Voter Registration Application
- You will then be able to vote at the polling place
- Two business days after voting, the county board of elections will verify your eligibility by updating and processing voted records and either county or deny your vote
Remember, same-day registration only happens during the October 15 to October 31 early voting period!
For more information on same-day registration go to [link removed], call your County Board of Elections, or contact the non-partisan voter protection hotline 1-888-OUR-VOTE (1-888-VE-Y-VOTA en español).