Right now, the federal government is deciding how to give the Canadian economy a
financial kick-start to help recover from the effects of COVID-19. This is a
once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to pursue investments that prioritize Canada’s
shift towards a stronger, equitable, and more sustainable society - through a
Green and Just Recovery.
We’ve joined the One Earth One Voice movement to help spread the word about the
Green and Just Recovery - and we’re inviting supporters like you along for the fight. It’s time to raise your voice and demand investments that will focus on the
health and wellbeing of both people and planet - not line the pockets of
Canada’s big polluters, like oil, gas and petrochemical companies.
A Green and Just Recovery for Canada means investing in:
* A just transition to a sustainable low-carbon economy
* The protection and restoration of land, freshwater, and ocean ecosystems
along with the wildlife that call these places home
* An end to the use of single-use plastics, and the growth of a circular
* The replacement of toxic chemicals used in agricultural, consumer goods and
manufacturing with safer alternatives
* The development of accessible, affordable and healthy communities and
* A future that prioritizes social and racial justice, economic equity and
well-being, built in partnership with Indigenous Peoples and the communities
most exposed to environmental harm
[[link removed]]If we don’t speak up and make these demands heard, we risk being drowned out by
the big polluters who are pushing hard for the federal government to funnel
recovery spending into their pockets instead. But we can be louder, if we join together across Canada as one voice.
We’re glad to have you with us,
Climate & Energy Program Manager
P.S. Our work on climate change is not possible without your support. Please support our campaign with a donation
[[link removed]] . Thanks in advance for all your help!