On August 6th, 1945 at 08:15 the United States dropped a nuclear bomb over Hiroshima, wiping out the city and killing thousands in a flash. Seventy-five years later, the entire world will be marking this horrific bombing and sharing their messages to ensure that such an atrocity can never happen again.
As ICAN, we will be participating in and sharing many of those commemorations over the coming 24 hours, and we would like to invite you to join us for:
• The memorial ceremony from Hiroshima at 08:00 Tokyo (09:00 Melbourne / 01:00 Paris / 19:00 (5 Aug) New York)
• A live conversation with Koko Kondo, survivor of the bombing of Hiroshima and long-time activist for nuclear abolition, at 15:00 Tokyo (16:00 Melbourne / 08:00 Paris / 02:00 New York)
• An online commemoration event, during which we expect to celebrate some very exciting ratification news from New York, at 09:30 New York (15:30 Paris / 22:30 Hiroshima / 23:30 Melbourne)
We will be sharing all of these live events on rise.icanw.org/live <[link removed]>.
Join the live events <[link removed]>
Of course, we will also be sharing more fantastic content on our social media over the coming few days, including:
• Our powerful collaboration with Narratively "Daughters of the Bomb <[link removed]>" which just launched today
• Updates from the many events organised by our partners <[link removed]> to commemorate the anniversaries of the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki
So make sure you’re following our Twitter <[link removed]>, Facebook <[link removed]> & Instagram <[link removed]> accounts for updates!