You can use these links to navigate to each section of this email in your browser or email client.
- 9/20 Climate Strikes and 9/22 People's Mobilization to Stop the U.S. War Machine <#climate>
- We Grade The Marijuana Decriminalization Bill <#marijuana>
- 9/14 GPNY State Committee Meeting in Rensselaer <#scmeeting>
9/20 Climate Strikes and 9/22 People's Mobilization to Stop the U.S. War Machine — Raise Up The Green Demands!
Young people, adults and environmental organizations are mobilizing in anticipation of the upcoming UN Climate Summit in New York City. A week of climate strikes and walkouts, inspired by the arrival of Greta Thunberg, have been called for September 20th with more events through the 27th.
While joining our allies in this important event, we must represent Green demands for real climate justice, which include:
- Ban on All New Fossil Fuel Infrastructure
- Eco-Socialist Green New Deal to Reach 100% Clean Energy by 2030 and Transform Our Society
- Dismantle the U.S. War Machine That Mis-allocates Resources Toward the Destruction of People and Planet
During the week of action, there are two key dates for Greens:
- Friday, September 20th: Climate strikes and walkouts in NYC and around the state
- Sunday, September 22nd:Join the People's Mobilization in NYC to Stop the U.S. War Machine, 2pm at Herald Square. <[link removed]>
Learn more and tell us where you plan to Be Seen Being Green during this week of action! <[link removed]>
In the penultimate edition of our Legislative Report Card series <[link removed]> we take a look at the recent bill to decriminalize marijuana. <[link removed]> While the new law eliminates criminal penalties for small amounts of cannabis, the "civil" fines and penalties are likely to continue harming over-policed communities and those on the economic margins. Read more online. <[link removed]>
9/14 GPNY State Committee Meeting in Rensselaer
The Green Party of New York State Committee is GPNY's highest decision-making body and meets at least three times per year to discuss and decide essential business. Each GPNY-affiliated county organization elects members to serve on the State Committee.
If you are registered to vote as a member of the Green Party in the state of New York you are welcome to attend as an observer, as are dues-paying Supporting Members who are not legally able to register to vote in the state of New York.
Please RSVP online if you would like to attend as an <[link removed]> observer. <[link removed]>
We hope to see you soon at these and other events!
Gloria and Peter,
Green Party of New York
<[link removed]> <[link removed]> <[link removed]> <[link removed]> <[link removed]>[link removed]
Green Party of New York State - United States
This email was sent to [email protected] To stop receiving emails: [link removed]