Together with my family and team, I filed my paperwork to be on the November ballot and to earn your support for re-election as District 11 Supervisor.
(We only took our masks off for this picture - I promise!)
In 2016, I promised to put our working families first. I have kept that promise and over the past three years $600 million has been invested in our district towards:
- Funding 600 new housing units with 64% affordable housing for our working families and 40% set aside for our immediate neighbors to address the housing needs of our community
- Securing funds to build a brand new library in the Oceanview neighborhood
- Opening the first Job Center in District 11 focused on providing employment and career services to the historically underemployed Lakeview community
- Securing $20 million of funding for traffic safety measures including the installation of traffic signals, speed humps, bike lanes, bulb outages, crossing beacons, Alemany Corridor Safety Project and more!
- Renovating and building new Recreation and Parks facilities including the completion of Geneva Car Barn - Phase 1 to be an arts hub for the community and brand new playgrounds for Merced Heights and Alice Chalmers
- Opening the First Vehicle Triage Center in San Francisco to provide support and services for residents living in their vehicles
- Investing $1.4 million towards the construction and renovation of 35 and 45 Onondaga to be the future home of a free community clinic and art space
- Planting 2,000 new city-maintained trees in our neighborhoods
- Repaving 300 streets within our district - and more
I have worked hard to make sure our part of the City is no longer forgotten!
During this time of crisis, our office worked tirelessly and:
- Procured millions of masks and equipment for essential workers and increased pay and protection for our frontline health care workers
- Fought to open three SFUSD feeding sites, two SF Marin Food Bank distribution sites, partnered with World Central Kitchen to provide 1800 meals a week, and supported increased capacity for partner pantries to collectively serve over 5,000 families each week
- Distributed 3000 reusable cloth masks and 6000 disposable masks
Our neighbors in District 11 deserve bold leadership that produces real results. If re-elected we will work to create more jobs and put people back to work, house our most vulnerable families, support small businesses, and keep our neighborhoods safe and clean.
I am honored to have the support of thousands of our families and neighbors, countless elected officials, and hundreds of labor unions. With your support, I will continue to fight for a more just San Francisco that works for everyone and ensure that our district remains a stable place for working families as we move to recover from this crisis.
Paid for by Ahsha Safaí for Supervisor 2020 • FPPC #1378961
Financial disclosures are available at sfethics.org <[link removed]>.
<[link removed]> <[link removed]>[link removed]
Ahsha Safaí for District 11 Supervisor - United States
This email was sent to [email protected] To stop receiving emails: [link removed]