CEP Mentions
The Guardian: Trump’s Gaza Plan Unites Jihadist And Far-Right Circles, Experts Warn
“As Donald Trump continues to threaten to take control over the Gaza Strip, an unlikely consensus has emerged across hardcore jihadist and far-right circles: both strongly oppose any new US military actions in the territory. Now experts are warning that Trump’s plan is galvanizing two of the most dangerous and organized extremist movements with track records of domestic terrorist attacks… Joshua Fisher-Birch, a terrorism analyst at the non-profit Counter Extremism Project, said that a prospective Gaza occupation has angered the far right “more than any other issue has in 2025 so far”. “White supremacist online propagandists have reacted to Trump’s idea to take over Gaza with disgust and have stated that it is an act of betrayal,” he said. “The proposal is being portrayed as Trump sending white Americans to die on behalf of Israel.””
Frankfurter Rundschau: Car Drives Into Crowd In Munich: Why There Are So Many Crimes In Germany At The Moment
“... Schindler is a terrorism expert and director of the Counter Extremism Project (CEP). " Cars were used on Christmas in Magdeburg and on New Year's Day in New Orleans. So it's not totally surprising that another car attack has been attempted," he says. According to the vice president of the Munich police headquarters, Christian Huber, the suspected attack in Munich happened like this: At around 10:30 a.m., a 24-year-old man drove behind the demonstration in his car, overtook a police car protecting the group, accelerated - and drove into the back of the demonstration.”
GB News: 'We Have To Be Prepared!' Counter-Terror Expert Calls For Urgent Reform In Germany's Migration And Security Systems After Shocking Munich Attack
“A leading counter-terrorism expert has called for urgent reforms in Germany following three attacks in as many months, with the latest suspected terror incident unfolding in Munich on Thursday. The expert's comments come after a car rammed into protesters in central Munich - leaving 28 people injured. Two people are fighting for their lives and 26 others were injured after a Mini Cooper ploughed into a crowd of trade union protesters in Munich. Speaking to GB News, Hans Jakob Schindler said: "Clearly, there is a very tragic situation in Germany. "We had now three attacks in three months, one in December by someone who's been living here in Germany for many, many years was an anti-islamist.”
Foundation For Defense Of Democracies: Timid UN Response To Death Of Aid Worker Held Captive By Houthis
“The United Nations pronounced itself “grief-stricken and outraged” about the death on February 10 of a veteran aid worker taken hostage in Yemen, yet its statements barely criticized the Houthi rebels forces who held the victim in captivity. This timid response underscores the extent to which the United Nations has accommodated itself to persistent abuse by the Iran-backed Houthis, who also divert vast amounts of aid intended for those facing deprivations as a result of Yemen’s decade-long civil war… Yet according to a June 2024 report from the Counter-Extremism Project, the situation remained as bad as ever: “The regime oversees and controls every aspect of humanitarian work in their territory: determining beneficiary lists, providing permits for any movements of aid organizations’ personnel, and deciding which local entities are eligible to serve as contractors, local implementation partners, or third-party monitors for humanitarian projects.””
Artribune: Architect Daniel Libeskind Designs New Center Against Hatred And Extremism At Auschwitz
“The museum complex will take shape in the former Commandant's House of the Auschwitz-Birchenau concentration camp, made famous by the Oscar-winning film The Zone of Interest. The space will soon be created on the initiative of the Counter Extremism Project… In fact, Libeskind will create the new Auschwitz Research Center on Hate, Extremism, and Radicalization (ARCHER) at House 88, which will take shape inside the former Commandant's House in the coming months. Open to visitors for the first time on the occasion of the 80th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz-Birkenau, celebrated last January 27, the Commandant’s House, a few meters from the concentration camp, became famous in 2023 as the set of the Oscar-winning film The Zone of Interest. Directed by Jonathan Glazer, the film reconstructs the events of the Nazi officer and camp commander Rudolf Höss and his family, who lived in the building from 1941 to 1944. Having changed ownership, the House was purchased in the summer of 2024 by the non-governmental organization Counter Extremism Project, the client of the future museum project.”
Forum: "We Are Living In A Digital Colonialism", Warns Data Analyst About Big Tech Dossier
“Many people are still surprised by the power that the so-called big techs have been accumulating in the “globalized” world. In the second Trump administration, this became more than explicit. A report by Forum, in fact, showed that the wealth of millionaires increased three times faster in 2024, all of them owners of technology companies, according to the Oxfam report "At whose expense? – The origin of wealth and the construction of injustice in colonialism”, in addition to giving in advance the direct millionaire investment of the owners of big techs to the inauguration of the Republican president… Algorithms that lead people to extremism: The dossier mentions a study by the Counter Extremism Project, which exposes how YouTube's algorithm favors disinformation, conspiracy theories and extremism. The same occurs with Twitter, TikTok and Meta.”
T-Online: “A Winning Narrative Has Developed”
“A car drove into a demonstration in Munich. A terrorism expert believes the event could have been better secured. Shortly after the attack on a Verdi demonstration in Munich, much is still unclear. The suspect has been arrested, however, and there are already initial findings on him that point to terrorism. Several people's lives are in danger. It is the third attack in Germany within just two months. After Magdeburg and Aschaffenburg, the debate about security precautions and deportations is flaring up again - because the perpetrator was an asylum seeker from Afghanistan. In an interview with t-online, terrorism expert Hans-Jakob Schindler also sees major shortcomings in security and contradicts Bavaria's Interior Minister Joachim Herrmann.”
DW News: Munich Case Taken Over By Extremism And Terror Prosecutors
“In the German city of Munich a car has ploughed into a crowd of people. 30 people were injured in what police are treating as an attack. The crowd was made up of people taking part in a trade union demonstration. Police have arrested a suspect, described as a 24-year-old asylum seeker from Afghanistan. Timestamps: 00:00- 30 people injured in car-ramming attack in Munich, 02:29- Hans-Jakob Schindler, Counter Extremism Project.”
ABC: Massive Car Ramming Leaves At Least 28 Wounded In Munich
“Hans Jakob Schindler is a from the Counter Extremism Project, a policy organisation that focuses on extremist ideologies. He spoke to ABC news and says there's indications the attack was not random.”
Phoenix: Munich: Car Drives Into Crowd - Classification By Hans-Jakob Schindler On 13.02.25
“Munich: Car drives into crowd - assessment by Hans-Jakob Schindler (terrorism expert for Counter Extremism Project)”
Zeit Online: Munich Between Shock And Security Conference
“Yesterday a car drove into a crowd in Munich. How do such incidents affect the feeling of security? And: The Munich Security Conference begins. In the Munich district of Maxvorstadt, a 24-year-old Afghan drove a vehicle into a crowd and injured numerous people. The suspected perpetrator, who had been in Germany since 2016 and whose asylum application was rejected, was arrested. Initial investigations indicate an Islamist motive. Could the crime have been prevented? Hans-Jakob Schindler is an expert on security and terrorism. In the podcast, he analyzes the current security situation in Germany and explains how it could be improved.”