Today is the day of Medicaid Expansion Digital Advocacy Day! We are uniting online with advocates across North Carolina to welcome our lawmakers back to Raleigh with one simple message “Save Lives, Protect Hospitals, No Excuses, Expand Medicaid.”
The Covid-19 pandemic reminds us that we are all in this together and expanding Medicaid will help our North Carolina families weather the storm during this public health crisis and beyond.
Here are the ways you can get involved:
Digital Medicaid Expansion Advocacy Day - Events and Actions:
Attend our webinar:"Why North Carolina Needs Medicaid Expansion More than Ever”Register here <[link removed]>
Moderated by Lynne Walters, NARAL Pro Choice NC
Why we need Medicaid Expansion more than ever,Dr. William Munn, Health Policy Analyst at NC Justice Center
Why our healthcare system needs to expand Medicaid;Dr. Erica Pettigrew, Medical Director of the Orange County Health Dept
- 10:30am-2:00pm - Email <[link removed]>Senator Berger and Speaker Mooreto tell them to #CloseTheGapNC and #ExpandMedicaidNC
- Call them! <> Dial 1-855-408-2357and we’ll connect you! Unsure of what to say?We’ve gotyoucovered. <[link removed]>
- Sign on tothe NC United for Survival and Beyondletter <[link removed]>
- 2:00pm – Join the#ExpandMedicaidNC <[link removed]>and#CloseTheGapNC <[link removed]>because we are#InThisTogether <[link removed]>Tweet Storm!
- Looking for some sample tweets?Find them and more in our #CloseTheGapNC Social Media Toolkit. <[link removed]>
- Involve your kids <[link removed]>in advocating to close the health care coverage gap by making a child-made umbrella craft. Take a photo and send it to your lawmakers via email or Twitter!
- Write a letter to the editor <[link removed]>Use our simple tool to quickly and easily send a letter to the editor of your local newspaper.
- Use our No Excuses, Expand Medicaid Frame <[link removed]>on your Facebook profile picture!
Together, we can raise our voices loud enough that our lawmakers can no longer ignore the need to immediately expand Medicaid and ensure that North Carolina families are protected during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond!
Thanks for all you do!
Action NC - Durham, NC 27701, United States
This email was sent to [email protected] To stop receiving emails: [link removed]