In the midst of what we are currently facing, I hope and pray that you are doing well. Please know that my colleagues and I at GCO are thinking of and praying for you.
As our country, state, and local communities face the impact of COVID-19, I wanted to update you on what we are doing here at the Georgia Center for Opportunity to respond addressing the concern of those living in poverty.
1. As a staff we are working remotely and moving all classes to an online format
2. In response to the situation, we have created an online working group for communities to share resources and ideas. We are using our powerful community networks and connecting them to better interface and assist each other.
3. We are still engaging with legislators and planning around the 2020 and 2021 legislative sessions. Our VP of Policy, Buzz Brockway recently sent out a live video on Facebook which you can watch here ([link removed]) .
4. We are continuing to shed light on bad policy that is trapping people in welfare. We recognize these policies could impact millions more in the coming months.
5. We are training and empowering community and business leaders in our communities to provide new opportunities to chart a path out of poverty.
6. Strengthening family bonds while families are home together. We are releasing tips on how to use this time together to connect with family-members.
We are thankful for your continued support during these times. You are proof that despite what problems our communities face, it is civil society who will stand up and stand with those unable to do so.
In the coming days we will be updating you on ways to share and engage the needs of our communities.
Our mailing address is:
Georgia Center for Opportunity
333 Research Ct
Peachtree Corners, GA 30092
Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can ** update your preferences ([link removed])
or ** unsubscribe from this list ([link removed])
Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp