2023 is turning out to be a critical year for A Voice for Choice Advocacy, with legislation, such as SB 499 - The Cool Schools Act - which AVFCA is sponsoring, many bills AVFCA is supporting and a few AVFCA is opposing and amending. AVFCA has bold plans for the future, both in respect to ensuring medical freedom and health rights for all ages, as well as for our Non Toxic Schools Campaign. Last year A Voice for Choice Advocacy and our sister our organization, A Voice for Choice hired a few amazing and critical people to our team. As we continue to grow in educating, advocating and empowering people to know their health rights, AVFCA is looking to continue to grow the team and needs your help in two ways so we can work even harder for you in California.
1) Grow our Team - Help find the amazing people to fill these roles and
2) Support our Team - Volunteer, Become a Plaintiff, or Donate to ensure we can sustain our growing organization
1) Grow our Team: A Voice for Choice Advocacy (501c4) and A Voice for Choice (501c3) are looking to build a culture that is non-judgmental, intellectually rigorous, values-driven that thinks outside the box. Ideal candidates will be curious, care deeply about informed choice and health rights, and be highly motivated to drive large-scale change.
- Legislative Assistant (~20 hours a week, less than 90 minutes from Sacramento) – AVFCA is seeking an entusiastic, fast learner who is interested A Voice for Choice Advocacy's lobbying efforts in Sacramento. The Legislative Assistant would p rovide administrative support to our Lobbying team and be present in Sacramento, on behalf of AVFCA, for legislative meetings and committee hearings, up to once a week. They would have a working knowledge of Word/Google Docs and Excel/Google Sheets and be able to work indpendently, but also be willing to ask questions. No prior lobbying or grassroots activism is necessary, but would be a plus. If this sounds like a position you would be interested in , please send an email to [email protected] [[email protected]?subject=Applying%20to%20be%20a%20AVFCA%20Legislative%20Assistant] with 1) your resume, and 2) a short video of why you feel you would be right for this position and a little about yourself and your passion for medical freesom and 3) your requested hourly pay rate.
- Fundraising Director (15-25 hours a week, location flexible within CA) – AVFCA is looking for a successful fundraiser to direct our donor efforts, making AVFCA self-sustainable for the future. The Fundraising Director would h elp devise a fundraising strategy for A Voice for Choice Advocacy for 2023 and beyond. They would also c reate fundraising emails and collateral, as well as support donor relations, with phone calls. If you are an effective fundraiser with a passion for medical freedom in CA , please send an email to [email protected] [[email protected]?subject=Applying%20to%20be%20a%20AVFCA%20Fundraising%20Director] with 1) your resume, and 2) a short video of why you feel you would be right for this position and a little about yourself and your passion for medical freesom and 3) your requested hourly pay rate.
All positions are contracted positions. Our application process is open and will be reviewed on a rolling basis. However, AVFCA encourages you to apply as soon as possible.
If you, a friend, or colleague is interested in applying your skills to support the movement for health rights, AVFCA encourages you to apply and share with others!
2) Support our Team: AVFCA has opportunities for everyone to pitch in regardless of how much or how little time or money you have to offer! Find what fits you best and sign up today:
- AVFCA Volunteer: Do you have some spare hours here and there where you would like to know you are making a difference? If so, sign up [[link removed]] as an AVFCA volunteer!
This work is extremely important as it allows our team to prioritize what they are working on. No experience needed, but need access to a computer and google docs/sheets. This is an ad hoc unpaid position with very flexible hours and commitment. Students are welcome to request service hours.
Most tasks requested of our Volunteers are parts of projects which need help doing research or other simple data collection. We send our volunteers emails periodically with detailed instructions and, if you have time to help at that time, you can work on that project for as long or as little as you want.
- AVFCA Local Lead: Do you enjoy talking about health rights and informed choice to legislators, giving public comment at meetings and/or getting other people excited about doing the same? If so, sign up [[link removed]] as a Stand Up California Local Lead!
This work is extremely important as it will allow our message to be shared with elected officials and the community. No experience needed, but need to enjoy reaching out and talking to people and care deeply about informed choice and health rights. This is an unpaid position, which will require about 8-10 hours of your time a month.
AVFCA Local Leads are activists who go the extra mile to take action, help spread the word about AVFCA's campaigns, and build leadership among their communities for a healthier future. Our Health Rights Director is creating a program that will support you and help build your skills as an activist and leader within your community, to prepare for, set up and attend local meetings with elected officials, as well as local outreach to share AVFCA information at local community events.
- AVFCA Donor: Over the last 8 years A Voice for Choice Advocacy, and our sister organization, A Voice for Choice, have been sustained only by grassroots donations. We are so thankful to everyone who has generously donated. We need your help to make our efforts sustainable. If you don't have the time to give to our efforts, and appreciate the work we do, we ask you to donate as generously as you can - no amount is too little or too great! If you are not already, please consider becoming a monthly donor: www.avoiceforchoiceadvocacy.org/donate [[link removed]]
For those not wanting to give through PayPal (we are looking to use another vendor in the near future), you can send a check, use Venmo or use Zelle:
Send Check to: A Voice for Choice Advocacy, 530 Showers Drive #7404, Mountain View CA 94040
Send Venmo to: @avoiceforchoice (Note: you have to search under "Business" to find us)
Send Zelle to: [email protected]
For other ways to donate and support A Voice for Choice, please go to our website: [link removed] [[link removed]] Thank you in advance for your generosity.
Together we can make change happen!
A Voice for Choice Advocacy, Inc. [email protected] [[email protected]]
www.AVoiceForChoiceAdvocacy.org [[link removed]]
[link removed] [[link removed]] [link removed] [[link removed]] [[link removed]] [link removed] [[link removed]]
[link removed] [[link removed]] [link removed] [[link removed]] [link removed] [[link removed]]
[link removed] [[link removed] ]
You are receiving this email because you have signed up on the AVFC or AVFCA website or on a sign up list in person. If you believe you received this message in error or wish to no longer receive email from us, please unsubscribe: [link removed] .
A Voice for Choice Advocacy
530 Showers Drive, #7404
Mountain View, CA 94040